Sunday, September 12, 2010

How to Wear It

Sorry I haven't had a post in a while, I was out and about this weekend at a conference. However, I was at a session where a speaker from a modeling agency stood out to me. Her outfit grabbed my attention because it was VERY unflattering, so I wanted to make a post on how to choose flattering outfits.

The first series of pictures show some very unflattering high fashion runway outfits. If you look closely, you can see that they are very bunchy and have thick layers that don't show of the curve of the models,  therefore making  beautiful women look hideous.

The second series of pictures (including my favorite model, Chanel Iman) shows flattering dresses that make each model look comfortable, curvy, and gorgeous.

The trick to making a flattering outfit for any body shape is to be honest with yourself. Look in the mirror and decide which features you like best. Do you like your arms, your legs, your thin waist, or broad shoulders? Try to incorporate a clothing piece that brings attention to that part of your body. Throw a belt on top of your skirt or shirt to make your waist stand out. Wear a tank top to show off your toned arms. The right pair of heels can show off your defined legs. Whatever you wear, bring attention to what looks best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment